Before I started University to study Animation, I wanted to have a solid understanding of how to create and animate movement in 2D, so using After Effects and DUIK 15, I rigged and animated a character I had designed in Illustrator which had to be suitable for rigging. This fun side project allowed me to understand how rigging works in the 2D space, and already this experience has provided me with self feedback on how to improve in the next project. This project also contains all original music and sound design.
For this years Sixth Form Oscars, the show officially started with this title, after a well edited montage. Since it was topical I made it fit the theme of the avengers, with a Trophy in the style of Thors Hammer and custom made music to match the Avengers Endgame theme remade by me. This was made using After Effects along with Element 3D V2, and a little particular.
A college project which although mostly filmed, was based around animation. It was the first major animated project I have completed, aside from short experimental tasters. Using DUIK 15 within After Effects to rig and animate all aspects of character movement, and using adobe illustrator to create the character, which required using separate layers for each limb. All other parts of the project were acted by friends with some music composition by me, and all other VFX and editing techniques completed by me. This piece was also College Oscar Nominated for “Best Editing Unit”.
A tester project I decided to do, after learning and mastering Element 3D V2 within After Effects. It involves rigging, animating, and VFX. This project also includes original sound design and music composition, which I completed myself within Logic Pro X.
A promotional video I was asked to do for my college, to promote our college Oscars event we had (which I was nominated for 6 times and won 2 awards). This involves using Element 3D V2 within After effects with some mild Modelling which I did in MAYA to create stage lighting. A variety of other plugins were used to create the VFX, and I used a royalty free oscars model which I then retextured properly to create the metallic effect. I again created original music and sound design for this project. To get in time with the music, I used a technique in which I exported the original composition in 120FPS, and set every cut to have the exact same frame count. This then meant I could re time the entire composition to match to the length of the song I created afterwards.
What originated as an early college side task, turned into something bigger. After handing in, I took it a step further and added alot more visual effects. Created in my early days of After Effects, but still used basic Element 3D with royalty free models, and a combination of a variety of other plugins. For this project I used a song called “Surreal” as I felt it fit perfectly with the style of video.
What I used to test out early audio visualising using the plugin “Sound Keys”. I used my logo and one of my older original songs, and the results were promising.
As part of a job, I wanted to show off some skills I had with 3D Animation and audio visualisation. So using some assets and the name of the company, I created a 3D Audio Visualisation using Element 3D and Sound Keys.